I did my very first Pathways Project on 15th Sept. Here is the feedback from the evaluator. I took a two months break from Toastmasters and just got back on my feet. Hopefully, I will not forget whatever I have learnt. I still have a lot to master! Trying my best not to move around too much, giving eye contact and maintaining confidence. I also realized that I don’t perform well when I have a stressful week and suffered from lack of sleep. Got to bear those in mind!
- Showing vulnerability.
- Every speech you deliver is authentic and from the heart.
You may want to work on:
- Greater eye contact and your physical movements.
- There was some pacing around – try to remain in a certain area especially when emphasizing serious/ sad points
To challenge yourself:
- Be more assertive and share confidently.
- The lessons you learnt when you lost your job is a moment of opportunity to grow personally.
- Embrace the chance to start at ground zero
Notes from the evaluation form.
- Clarity: Spoken language is clear and is easily understood:
- Excels at communicating using spoken word
- Comments: Great visual metaphors such as ‘redeemed myself’
- Vocal Variety: Uses tone, speed and volume as tools:
- Comments: Could have used lower tone to show sadness
- Eye Contact: Effectively uses eye contact to engage audience:
- Excels at using eye contact to gauge audience reaction and response
- Comments: Eye contact could have improved
- Gestures: Uses physical gestures effectively:
- Excels at using physical gestures as a tool to enhance speech
- Comments: Try to reduce pacing
- Audience Awareness: Demonstrates awareness of audience engagement and needs:
- Fully aware of audience engagement/ needs and responds effectively
- Comments: You are highly aware of the audience listening to you
- Comfort level: Appears comfortable with the audience:
- Appears completely self-assured with the audience
- Comments: Very comfortable with the audience
- Interest: Engages audience with interesting, well-constructed content:
Engages audience with interest with highly compelling, well-constructed