I did my Toastmasters Project 8 on the 17th March 2017. I felt better about this presentation than I was on Project 7. It seems that I will have to focus more on the introduction and conclusion to ensure that I start and end with a BANG! I will need to learn how to be more creative to use visual aids and maybe add a bit of humor.
The evaluator graded me based on the following:
- What was mentioned?: Love affair with Netflix. Three props were used to support her message
- What was memorable?: Use of language using rheotorical devices. Using natural humor in words and irony
- What was mendable?: Improve on usage of props to exemplify your message. Props that can be used througout the speech.Use of props in a stronger conclusion to deliver your message.
What could the speaker have done differently to make the speech more effective?
- Use or choose one or two props that could exemplify your message to make it more memorable rather than one off event
What did you like about the speech?
- Link the props back to the key message during your conclusion
- Fun topic
- Good use of language and humor
- Audience enjoyed your speech